It is clear Nina draws her inspiration from positively transforming people’s lives. Her expertise in her field is outstanding, and her ability to provide a vision of what could be and transform it into reality is amazing
RACHEL D (CO WICKLOW)
In 2017-18 I took the opportunity to further my professional development by undertaking one of my biggest transformation projects to date, tackling the extensive stock and large premises of long-established independent furniture retailer Kilcroney Furniture in Wicklow.
The owner was so pleased as the project was developing, she offered me a part-time consultancy role (secondary to my business) as her in-store designer, brand ambassador and buyer travelling to European shows to select new furniture ranges for their next season’s collections.
The scope of this role included creating room sets throughout the entire store. Room sets would help to showcase the furniture pieces and fine art, inspire customers with ideas for their own interiors, and give them a sense of scale as to how the pieces could fit within their living spaces. Regular and new customers were impressed and there was a rise in revenue as a result.
The project lasted 9 months. Initially customers found the store cluttered and confusing. Many had commented on how badly it had needed an improvement. My aim was to transform the stock and the shop so the customer could be inspired and feel their journey to the premises was worthwhile. I wanted to ensure they saw the value, quality and style the store had on offer and that as investment pieces these would stand the test of time. My role involved:
- Decluttering the premises, carrying out a full review of its stock and layout, selecting main product lines and simplifying their display
- Store/warehouse clearance of unsuitable/old product lines for an excess stock clearance sale, and repositioning the store’s entire stock within 5 areas across 2 buildings over many months
- Specifying fresh decor and replacement lighting, restructure of the layout and how and where products are displayed for the benefit of customers
- Creating a welcoming impression on entry and an appealing customer journey through store, and reconfiguring point of sale area to increase efficiency and improve customer experience
- Creating dozens of inspirational room settings and other product display, and curating a large original art collection to complement design collections and signature pieces
- In-store designer and visual merchandiser continuously staging and styling to ensure easy-to-navigate appealing displays, and product stylist during in-store photo shoots