My clients were a professional, artistic, vegan couple living in an outdated, rural bungalow and their brief was to create a natural, understated, creative and relaxing spa bathroom with vanity area (separate toilet).
The scope of the project involved full interior design and project management including detailed drawings, specifications for materials and workmanship, sourcing goods and staging the finishing touches.
- Shopping (towels, tissue box holder, plants, etc.)
- Gathering seashells from the shore for the sunken shell feature
- Bespoke vanity unit with hand-cast resin basin
- Custom designed ceiling features housing lighting and ventilation
- Specifying a bespoke lighting control unit and light fittings to an IP65 rating
- Research and cost benefit analysis of a range of Jacuzzi baths for selection of the most suitable model
- Sourcing tumbled marble tiles and mosaic (only newly available in Ireland to a handful of suppliers)
- Handmade teak duckboards, handmade birch floating shelf, handmade bespoke shutters
- Hand-stitched linen blind
- Specially commissioned sculpture and custom glass plinth
- Specially sourced miniature pond lily
- Large custom mirror
- Vegan clients sourced the faux leather for their upholstered seat