2. TYPES OF DATA NKFSID COLLECTS
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other devices (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) as you browse this website. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses this website.
This website uses basic cookies to collect information. This includes information about browsing location by people who access this website and pages viewed. NKFSID does not collect personal information from cookies for marketing purposes.
When someone visits www.ninakati.ie NKFSID uses a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. NKFSID does this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. NKFSID does not make, and does not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting this website.
As part of the registration process for the regular e-newsletter, NKFSID collects personal information. NKFSID uses that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked to be informed about; to contact you if NKFSID needs to obtain or provide additional information; to check records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. NKFSID does not rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
Events – Training
If you use NKFSID for training or for other events, please be assured that NKFSID does not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
NKFSID uses the following systems, these are essential processes to operate in business from day to day:
Hard Copy Notes
NKFSID uses locked filing cabinets to store any charts based on birthdates and contracts and essential business notes on most clients. This is monitored and tidied several times every year to ensure all data is current. Any notes not required are shredded.
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of that period the corresponding data is routinely deleted as long as it’s no longer necessary for the fulfilment of the contract or the initiation of a contract or in the running of day-to-day business.
3. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NKFSID’s clients are entitled to request their personal information that is held to view, amend, or delete. Email your request to email@example.com
My Contact Details
Nina Kati – NINA KATI FENG SHUI INTERIOR DESIGN
This is the privacy notice of NINA KATI FENG SHUI INTERIOR DESIGN. In this document “I”, “my” or “me” refers to NINA KATI FENG SHUI INTERIOR DESIGN. My business is registered in Ireland. My registered office is in Co Waterford.
This is a notice to inform you of my policy regarding the information that I record about you. It sets out the conditions under which I may process any information that I collect from you, or that you provide to me. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the legislation and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all visitors to my website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them.
The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data. I do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.dataprotection.ie.
Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through my website.
Accuracy of Your Personal Data
Please keep me up to date with any changes to your personal data, as this allows me to ensure that your personal data is kept accurate and up to date.
Personal Information I Collect About You
I currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, address, email and contact number)
- Payment information: financial information such as bank account or credit card information in order to facilitate the processing of payments is not collected about you as I use a third-party payments system (Pay Pal)
- Any information provided to me on your behalf to allow me to carry out my service to you
- Should you apply to work for me, I collect personal information from you such as your:
- Contact details
- CV’s education and employment history
- Should you apply to work for me, I collect personal information from you such as your:
I ask that you do not provide any sensitive personal data (e.g., gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in job applications.
I ask you to provide only the information that is necessary to submit a query to my website on my services.
I do not collect special categories of personal data about you unless you have asked me to do so in the context of the service that I provide to you, such as your birthdate for authentic feng shui purposes. Special categories of personal data are as follows:
Racial origins, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic or biometric data, criminal convictions or offences.
I collect cookies or similar tracking technologies. This means information that my website’s server transfers to your computer. This information can be used to track your session on my website. Cookies may also be used to customise my website content for you as an individual. If you are using one of the common Internet web browsers, you can set up your browser to either let you know when you receive a cookie or to deny cookie access to your computer.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page
- I may also use automated tracking methods on my website, in communications with you, and in my products and services, to measure performance and engagement
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, I do not alter our data collection and usage practices when I detect such a signal from your browser
Web Analysis Tools
I may use web analysis tools that are built into the NINA KATI FENG SHUI INTERIOR DESIGN website to measure and collect anonymous session information.
How I get the information and why I have it
- Direct interactions
You may provide me with your personal information when you:
- Fill in the query forms on my website
- Correspond with me via email, phone or otherwise
- Meet with me on a one-to-one basis and provide me with your business card, for example
- Send your cv to me in order to apply for work
Most of the personal information I process is provided to me directly by you, however I may also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, Pinterest, Instagram, Trusted People, Houzz
From visiting these pages, or interacting with me, you are passing information on to me via the above platforms, which are known as cookies. This type of information is technical data about your computer equipment, browsing actions and preferences. I may also have access to your publicly available details from these sources.
Links to some of my web site’s third-party plug-ins’ privacy policies:
I am required to determine the legal basis for which I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
Most of the personal information I process is provided to me directly by you for one of the following reasons:
Information I Process Because I Have a Contractual Obligation with You
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may be personal information. I may use it to:
- Set up your account as a client with me
- Liaise with you
- Provide you with my services
- Provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using my website
- Processing and ensuring payment of invoices
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, I may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service I provide. If I use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
I may share this information with third parties in order to process the purchasing transaction of my services. These companies must also adhere to the same data protection legislation.
I shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information I Process for the Purposes of Legitimate Interests
I may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to me, of doing so. Where I process your information on this basis, I do so after having carefully considered:
- Whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- Whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- Whether you would expect me to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable to do so. For example, I may process your data on this basis for the purpose of:
- Necessary administration of my business – for example, creating your client account
- Responding to unsolicited communication from you to which I believe you would expect a response
- Processing payments and invoices
- Preparing for a job interview with you
Information I Process Because I Have Your Consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse my website or ask me to provide you with more information about my business, including job opportunities, my products and services, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send me a message by email to which you would reasonably expect me to reply.
You may also consent to have your data used in order to receive information such as my newsletter, if available.
Except where you have consented to my use of your information for a specific purpose, I do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally.
I continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information I Process Because I Have a Legal Obligation
I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request it and subject to the correct authorisation.
I also may be required to process your data in order to comply with common or statutory law.
What I Do with the Information
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Process financial transactions
- Sell products to you
- Provide you with my services
- Keep my website safe and secure
If there are any regulatory requirements to process your personal data whilst carrying out any of the above, I am obliged to adhere to these.
I may share your personal data with selected business associates, suppliers and contractors to provide you with my services. For example, these business partners may include my web hosting provider and my IT Cloud service providers.
In the event that I buy or sell any business or assets, it may be necessary to disclose personal data to the prospective buyer or seller.
How Long I Hold Your Information
I keep your information for no longer than it is required or allowed. For information on the time periods your data is held for please contact me on email@example.com.
In some circumstances it may be necessary for me to transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). I will only transfer data to receivers that are in countries approved by the EU Commission, or where there are the appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal data. For further information on these appropriate safeguards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are appropriate security measures in place to protect your data in the event of being accidentally lost or accessed without authorisation including:
- Your data is also limited to only the necessary parties that need to process your data for business purposes
- Using secure servers to store your information
- Verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to information prior to granting them access to information
- Using secure sockets layer (SSL) software to encrypt any payment transactions you make on or via my website which are set by standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council
- Using encryption to secure personal data
- Only transferring your information via closed system or encrypted data transfers*
*transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure, and if you submit any information to me over the internet (whether by email, via my website or any other means), you do so entirely at your own risk.
I cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to me by such means.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask me to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object – You have the right to ask me to stop processing your personal data for profiling or direct marketing
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that I transfer the information you gave me to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you. Please contact me at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to Complain
You can also complain to the Data Protection Commission if you are unhappy with how I have used your data:
The Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square South